5.06.2024

weekly update

its been a week! what have i been up to?

First, I've been reading. I finished The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller and started Pandora's Jar by Natalie Haynes. I really liked The Song of Achilles and how immersive it was in the classical world, so much that I knew I had to pick Pandora's Jar back up. Pandora's Jar is a series of short essays exploring women of Greek myth. I read half of the essays last year, but I'm reading it again because since then I have learned so much more about Greek myth. I was especially excited to read the Eurydice and Medea chapters after reading Medea by Euripides and translating the Georgics by Vergil. I could write a lot about The Song of Achilles but the most I will say right now is that I probably would have liked it more if I hadn't translated Book 22 of the Iliad and wasn't enrolled in that Greek class in general. It inhibits my enjoyment because it makes me nitpicky. I want to just enjoy it raw and unknowing.

Second, I've been writing? Today I drafted a new song that I'm titling Motherboard as of right now. It's about knowing people who don't seem human but you really really want them to be. The melody needs some work, so maybe take this verse as a poem or something instead:

words in a voiceover scream
you're not part of this machine
not the mother of the board
not the power to the cord

Of course it has robotic elements. this is robotics club after all. maybe I've been heavy on the motherboards lately but I just love them. 

Third, I've listened to some music! Recently I've listened to the album Masterpiece by Big Thief in CD form because I just bought it and was too excited to wait. I love Big Thief and it truly is a masterpiece. My favorite song on the album is currently Humans or Animals. I also listened to To Pimp A Butterfly by Kendrick Lamar last nite. I listened to it because my little brother loves it and I love my brother. And I can't lie, this Kendrick vs. Drake beef has piqued my interest in Kendrick. It was such a journey of an album, it genuinely felt like watching a movie. My favorite songs are probably Wesley's Theory for the jazz and King Kunta (it's my brother's favorite) and i

Lastly, I took some flicks. Not many. This week will be more prosperous. 




I'm planning on making a collage for a mixtape this week, so if I complete it I will be sharing. Also I have the strong urge to write poetry lately so maybe I'll make some of that. Until next time. 🤖

No comments:

Post a Comment

welcome

welcome to robotics club

I don't know what possessed me to make a blog at 6:55pm on a thursday but I did. I didn't realize how much work it would take to mak...