9.01.2024

summer collages

school starts in 4 days. today I burnt a CD full of all my repeated songs of the summer. I collaged a cover from New Yorker scraps.


beckford - Cottonwood Firing Squad
Feeling Better - The Teenagers
Kim & Jessie - M83
Red Alert - CSS
Heart Full of Pentagons - Film School
Aoi, Koi, Daidaiiro No Hi - MASS OF THE FERMENTING DREGS
Pogo - Digitalism
Blonde Blood - Boyscott
Forget It - Blood Orange
What You Like - Wallows
Anthems for a Seventeen Year-Old Girl - Broken Social Scene
Twist The Knife - Chromatics
Ain't It Easy - Alex G
360 - Charli xcx, Robyn, Yung Lean
How to Kill a Radio Consultant - Public Enemy
Teenage FBI - Guided By Voices
american dream - LCD Soundsystem
Rock The House - Gorillaz
In Transit - Albert Hammond Jr.
End of the Summer - Joyce Manor
The End has No End - The Strokes

a lot of SOTWs on here! Now when I listen to it i will be reminded of this summer. it feels officially over, now that it's the first of September and I finished my personal statement. I am fine with this. I just saw some friends I haven't seen all summer for a photoshoot (more on that coming soon) and I was reminded of the charm that school can have, or maybe just the charm of my friends. I am ready for uniforms, band practice, the L train, knee high socks, chicken cutlets, greek tests, and college apps. Maybe not the last 2. even though it will be tough, i know I can get through it, and then post-December will be amazing.

every year I get so excited for autumn, and i feel it stirring up again. I deserve to be excited for senior year! i am also excited to implement all the things I learned about myself this summer. i want to make more films, do more photoshoots, write comics, volunteer, etc. how to juggle this with school + college, i don't know yet. but i believe in myself.

before i consider summer actually done, i should probably address the Japan trip. It sort of feels like it didn't even happen. i know it means so much to me and i am so lucky to have gone, but it feels like a fever dream. it was so hot there it could've been. Luckily, I made a scrapbook for every day i was there. it is time I show my favorite spreads. for the record these aren't in the right order and I'm trying something new with formatting :P




I was very committed to this scrapbook. some of the hotels had kitchen scissors, but others only had knives so I would use them as a straight edge to rip my scraps to perfection. everywhere we went my pockets would be full of paper. I thought i would continue this after the trip, but I did not. maybe for senior year?

updates coming soon. photoshoot coming soon. youtube coming soon? stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

welcome

welcome to robotics club

I don't know what possessed me to make a blog at 6:55pm on a thursday but I did. I didn't realize how much work it would take to mak...